Thank you for your interest in joining the Santa Cruz SPCA in helping animals and their families! There are so many things we can each do to make the world a little friendlier for our animal friends. By volunteering here, you are taking a step towards this goal. Without your help, the animals here would not get the quality of care they deserve. Volunteers are essential to the function and success of our shelter.
For any questions regarding volunteering at the Santa Cruz SPCA, please contact email@example.com
Volunteers perform a wide variety of tasks at the Santa Cruz SPCA, including:
- Helping out with special events (Woof to Woof, Paws in the Park)
- Foster Parent for underage or under socialized animals – See Foster Care
- Office assistant
- Animal care including; cleaning and feeding
- Providing Cats, dogs, kittens and puppies with affection and exercise
To become a volunteer you must:
- Be 16 years of age, or older, and possess a driver’s license or state I.D.
There are three steps to becoming a volunteer:
- Attend a volunteer orientation. Orientations are held the 1st Monday of every month at 4:00pm
- Fill out a Volunteer Application either online or in person, and bring it with you to the volunteer orientation
- Dedicate time every week to come in and volunteer, and be able to work around a schedule
Please fill out a volunteer application and bring it with you to the next orientation:
Download Volunteer Application
In order to become a volunteer at our Mall Adoption Center, you must first become a general shelter volunteer and complete training at the Santa Cruz SPCA's primary location.