Volupta quaes imolut pratem intioribusda voloriones dolori re simaios quae nam facepel endelest, tem eosam net qui beaquam earibusa nescitibus samus, imolor maionserit od ut pa il imus event. Ci rendis doluptat qui cullaud aesero occum sam, sequi occus dis modisquo tem latium, a doluptatem qui inihiciis nimetureptam fugit intibus exerrov itationem ernam quunt untis ium est, cora aut accatem. Nam voluptatem qui aspelluptate volupta simagnia voluptae mil iduscil iquam.
Sometimes the best audience for a new reader is a doting dog or cat who hangs on every word, whether or not it’s pronounced correctly. The Santa Cruz SPCA launches a new Humane Education program called “Rescue Readers” — which is designed to give young readers a chance to practice and enhance their literacy levels in the comfortable presence of shelter animals or our education dogs, Lupita and Poe. Not only are the children given cute, cuddly, and judgment-free listeners, but the animals enjoy the extra TLC while they wait for their forever homes.
Rescue Readers Guidelines:
- This program is for students in grades K through 8, and offered throughout the school year
- Each reading session must be scheduled with our Humane Education Coordinator
- Reading sessions can be scheduled Monday through Friday from 11-6pm
- Individuals and small groups may schedule sessions either at the shelter or we can visit your school
- We will choose the animals that students can read too
- Parents or teachers must stay with their readers
- Readers and animals will be supervised by the Humane education Coordinator
The Santa Cruz SPCA is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the welfare of animals. We receive no government funding, and depend solely on financial support from our friends. Our organization is not affiliated with any other SPCA or Humane Society.
Tax ID: 94-6171565
© 2017 Santa Cruz SPCA